Wednesday, May 1, 2013

How To Color Glass Jars and Bottles



Turquoise is my favorite color and I have a small collection of blue-green glass bottles and jars in my home, so I was excited to discover Martha Stewart's Glass Paint so I can make some more! For this project, you will need a glass jar, Martha Stewart's Glass Paint (I used Liquid Fill Transparent Paint in Bright Sky), and rubbing alcohol.



First, clean the outside of the jar with rubbing alcohol to remove any dirt, dust, grease, oil, etc.


Then, cover the entire jar with paint. It's best to start with the sides and cover the bottom of the jar last.


I used the transparent paint, so it will dry clear.



Try to work fast because this paint tends to dry pretty quickly. If you are working with a jar that has flat surfaces, I recommend doing one whole side at a time, rather than what I did, which was to go around the top half and then the bottom half. On this side, you can kind of see the line where the paint started to dry.


Also, make sure you pop any air bubbles because they will dry like that.


For the paint to be permanent, let it air dry for 21 days before washing or visit the Martha Stewart website for the oven curing instructions.

Click here for more DIY ideas.

3 comments:

  1. This great technique to color glass jars and bottles. I am already learn how to do it and I will apply this as soon as possible. Especially last 3 image is superb. Thanks! Italian Glass Bottles

    ReplyDelete
  2. The post you have done about lemongrass is good. It is helpful for everyone. I think everyone gets a good idea by your post.I have a site about lemongrass. I think it will give also the best idea everyone about good lemongrass.lemongrass advantages

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I got a better glass bottles and jar review from your blog! I would like to take for my personal use!

    ReplyDelete